Wondering why your Nighthawk router is not working or not getting connected to the internet? There may be numerous causes behind the poor connection. This blog will offer 8 ways for troubleshooting Netgear Nighthawk Router in simple ways while analyzing the possible causes of connectivity issues and providing solutions to them.
Possible cause and corresponding solution
Problem 1: Poor Signal from Your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
It is important to make sure that your router is connected to the internet provided by your ISP. If not, here is how you can fix it:
- Turn off the WiFi on the router and simply connect it with an Ethernet cable to your computer.
- Then, restart and check whether your router is connected to the internet or not.
- If your router is still not connected to the internet, reboot it. However, if the problem still occurs, contact your ISP.
Problem 2: Temporary network glitch
Sometimes, due to temporary network issues, the router may not work.
- Restart your router to clear up the temporary glitch. Unplug it from the power supply and wait for 30 seconds before re-plugging the router.
Problem 3: Weak Signal
Accessing the internet via Ethernet cable but not wirelessly indicates that the Netgear router isn’t emitting a signal or is emitting a weak signal.
- Press and hold the WiFi ON/OFF button for 2 seconds. See whether the LED light of the antenna on the Netgear WiFi router is lit up. If this doesn’t work, then you need to improve your WiFi signal range.
Problem 4: Poor WiFi Signal Range
Due to a weak signal range, the router’s WiFi isn’t working.
- Reposition your router and adjust the antenna vertically rather than horizontally.
- Remove large metal objects like metal filing cabinets, microwaves, and so on between the router and your machine.
- To enhance processing speed, change the wireless channels to 5 GHz.
Problem 5: Invalid Username and Password
You won’t be able to log in if you have entered an invalid or wrong username or password.
- Visit www.routerlogin.net and enter your previous username and password.
- Then, come to the home page and select wireless.
- Enter the new network name and new password. Click on apply.
Problem 6: No configuration in the Netgear router’s access point
If the router is not configured properly, then you may encounter WiFi issues.
- Reconfigure the access point.
Problem 7: Outdated and corrupt firmware
If you haven’t updated the firmware of the router, then you may encounter connectivity issues.
- Download the latest update of the firmware from the official website of the Netgear router.
- Then, log in to the webpage and update the router by selecting the downloaded firmware.
- Restart your router and reconnect.
Problem 8: Hardware issues
There is a high possibility that you may also have hardware issues if none of the above solutions work for you.
- Contact the manufacturer if you have a broken internal antenna or replace the defective one.
If none of the above methods have worked, contact 24×7 router support for Nighthawk router troubleshooting. Our customer care executive will provide reliable and trustworthy solutions to troubleshooting Netgear Nighthawk router issues.