Have you been facing connectivity issues? Are you dealing with a poor network? This is not a unique issue, and sometimes this is due to the Orbi outdoor satellite. Sometimes, the satellite is not properly placed. At other times, there are some other issues that your router might be facing.
In today’s blog, we will be exploring the step-by-step guide to Netgear Orbi Outdoor satellite configuration. By learning about the steps, you can simply do it all by yourself, and you don’t have to rely on anyone or call a technician.
Let’s explore further.
What is the Netgear Orbi Outdoor Satellite?
It is a device used for extended WiFi coverage and increased signal strength. The purpose is to increase the connectivity of the network so that if you go outside the house, let’s say to the backyard, you can still get the connectivity right away.
However, it is not an actual device but a device that is placed within the reach of the network coverage. You don’t need to worry about a storm or hurricane because the device is completely weatherproof. So, there will be no interruptions in the functions of the satellite. As a result, once you install the device, you will get an additional 2,500 square feet of additional coverage.
Netgear Orbi Outdoor Satellite Router Setup Steps
1. Place the Orbi outdoor satellite in the ideal location, especially within the reach of the Orbi satellite or Orbi router.
2. Connect the satellite to the power outlet using the power adapter. Make sure your device is outside for extended coverage.
3. The satellite LED light will be on. Wait for the LED light to turn white, then it is ready to use.
4. Open the device connected to the WiFi and connect to the Orbi network. Type the default network name or SSID.
(You can find the default network name or SSID printed on the router label if you have not changed it.)
5. Open the web browser and type orbilogin.com, or you can also use the default address, 192.168.1.1.
6. You will be prompted to log in to the Orbi admin page with a username and password. The username and password are admin and password, if you have not changed them.
7. After logging in, go to Advanced> Wireless Settings> Add Outdoor Satellite or anything similar. You may find something else or some other option instead of adding an outdoor satellite. It typically depends on the router options.
8. Follow the on-screen setup wizard, which typically includes scanning nearby Orbi devices. Once it detects the outdoor satellite, you will need to select it.
9. Press the sync button on the outdoor satellite device, and the device will sync with your Orbi network.
10. Then, your satellite will be connected and configured to your network. It may take a few minutes.
Finally, once you are done with these simple 10 steps, ensure that the device is connected to the satellite for extended connectivity.
However, if you are still experiencing connectivity issues with the Netgear Orbi Outdoor satellite, there are certain things to keep in mind. In the following, we are going to give you some small tips on Orbi outdoor satellite troubleshooting.
- Keep the device away from metallic objects, electronic objects, and thick walls.
- For temporary connectivity issues, unplug the satellite and wait for 10 seconds, then plug it back in.
- Reboot the outdoor satellite along with the router reboot.
- Check for firmware updates.
- Perform a factory reset on the outdoor satellite.
Contact 24×7 Router Support
If you have been facing any issues regarding the Netgear Orbi Outdoor satellite, get in touch with the technicians here. We help you resolve the Orbi extender setup so that you don’t have to call the technician at home. You can do it all by yourself with our assistance.