Netgear routers are widely used for their reliable performance and seamless internet connectivity. However, like any electronic device, Netgear routers can encounter errors that disrupt the connection. One such error is “Netgear router error 651”. If you’ve come across this error while using your Netgear router, don’t worry. This blog provides a step-by-step guide to help you troubleshoot and fix the Netgear router error 651.
What is Netgear router error 651?
Netgear router error 651 typically occurs when there is an issue with the internet connection or network configuration. It can prevent you from accessing the internet through your Netgear router. The error message usually states, “Connection failed with Error 651.”
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Netgear router error 651:
Step 1: Power Cycle your Router and Modem
- Turn off your Netgear router and modem.
- Disconnect the power cords from both devices.
- Wait for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Reconnect the power cords to the modem first and then to the router.
- Power on the modem and wait for it to establish a stable connection.
- Power on the Netgear router and check if the error is resolved.
Step 2: Reconnect Cables Properly
- Ensure that all cables, including Ethernet cables, are securely connected to their respective ports on the router and modem.
- Double-check that the Ethernet cable is firmly connected between the modem and the WAN/Internet port on the router
Step 3: Update Network Adapter Drivers
- Press the Windows key + X and select “Device Manager” from the menu.
- In the Device Manager window, locate and expand the “Network Adapters” category.
- Right-click on your network adapter and select “Update driver.”
- Choose the option to search for updated drivers automatically.
- Windows will search and install the latest driver for your network adapter.
Step 4: Disable IPv6
- Press the Windows key + X and select “Network Connections” or “Network and Internet Settings.”
- In the Network Connections or Network and Internet Settings window, click on “Change adapter options.”
- Right-click on your network connection and select “Properties.”
- Locate “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)” and uncheck the box next to it.
- Click on “OK” to save the changes.
Step 5: Run Network Troubleshooter
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Click on “Network & Internet.”
- Select “Status” from the left-hand side menu.
- Under “Network status,” click on “Network troubleshooter” and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
Step 6: Reset TCP/IP Stack
- Open the Command Prompt with administrator privileges. Press the Windows key, type “cmd,” right-click on “Command Prompt,” and select “Run as administrator.”
- In the Command Prompt window, type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each:
– netsh int ip reset reset.txt
– netsh winsock reset
Step 7: Perform a Factory Reset (if necessary)
Note: Performing a factory reset will erase all the customized settings on your Netgear router. Make sure to back up and note down your important settings before proceeding.
- Locate the reset button on your Netgear router. It is usually a small hole at the back or bottom of the router.
- With a paperclip or a pin, press and hold the reset button for about 10-15 seconds until the router’s lights start blinking.
- Release the reset button and wait for the router to reboot.
By following the troubleshooting steps outlined above, you can resolve the Netgear router error 651 and restore a stable internet connection. Remember to start with the basic power cycling and cable checks, then proceed to update drivers, disable IPv6, run network troubleshooters, and reset the TCP/IP stack if needed. If the error persists, consider reaching out to Netgear router customer support for further assistance. Enjoy uninterrupted internet connectivity with your Netgear router.
Netgear Router Customer Support
If all the above-mentioned troubleshooting steps fail to resolve your Netgear router error 651, then it’s time to refer to a Netgear router customer support providing company. You don’t need to look further, as 24×7 Router Support provides the best Netgear router customer support in the United States.
You need to call us on our helpline number after which our experts will diagnose your problem and find the perfect solution for it. We will guide you with each step on how to solve the issue. You can contact us through chat support, email, or our helpline number.