Imagine you stay in a house where you have WiFi but no stronger connectivity. The connectivity issue is a big challenge at several homes. This can be frustrating because the poor WiFi coverage disrupts your work, and as a result, you get frustrated and your work gets delayed.
Thanks to the Netgear AC 1200 WiFi extender that has made connectivity stronger, you don’t have to worry about your work getting delayed. And you can choose any corner to finish up your work.
In this blog, we are going to look at the steps to set up your WiFi extender. However, before that, let’s look at some of the things you should be aware of.
What are WiFi Dead Zones?
You may have noticed that one corner of the house has stronger WiFi than other corners. Why is it so? As you move closer to the next room, your connectivity gets stronger.
When you don’t get an internet signal at a particular spot, it is called a WiFi dead zone. Simply put, due to some reasons, you don’t get strong connectivity.
Some of the reasons for WiFi dead zones are
- Router is too far away from the device
- Walls, floors, or objects block or weaken the signal
- Other electronic devices interfering with WiFi signals
- Old routers do not provide adequate coverage
- Too many devices connected to a network cause a slowdown
Get Rid of WiFi Dead Zones
When it comes to selecting the best routers, Netgear routers have always been at the top.
And now comes the smart WiFi extender, Netgear AC1200, that helps boost the connectivity range up to 1200 Mbps. However, you may have some challenges in setting up the router extender, but don’t panic; here we are to help you.
Steps To Set Up WiFi Extenders
Before you start the Netgear router setup, you need to follow these two things:
- Keep the extender between the router and the area where the WiFi signal is weak
- Remember or note down the WiFi Network name and Password
We have simplified the process of improving connectivity through the router extender
Let’s look at the steps for setting up WiFi extenders
- Put the AC1200 extender into the electrical socket and turn it on
- Wait for the LED light to turn green
- Then go to wifi settings, look for NETGEAR_EXT, and connect to it
- Open the web browser, and in the address bar, type “www.mywifitext.net”
- If prompted, create a Netgear account
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up your router
- Click next, and then wait for the extender to connect to the network
- Place the extender wherever you need
- Check the extender link LED, if it turns green
- Connect to the WiFi settings
- Connect to the extended network with _EXT
Once you put _EXT at the end of your original SSID, you get connected to the extended WiFi range with improved coverage.
That’s how you set up a Netgear AC1200 WiFi Range Extender at your home to get better connectivity. Be it at your home or office, you can improve the range extender in any case.
You can also fix your slow wifi on your router and start surfing seamlessly.
Does WiFi Extenders work?
Yes, WiFi extenders are the best option if you are in a dead zone. However, the improved range depends on the extender setup. You need to plug the extender into the power outlet and position the extender midway between the router and the dead zone.
The extenders pick up the WiFi signal and extend it to the other room. This helps you get WiFi connectivity in other rooms as well.
Troubleshoot Netgear AC 1200 WiFi Extender
- No cuts in the Ethernet cable
- Keep the extender closer to the router during the setup
- Ensure that you have the latest web browser
- Ensure that all the devices must be properly connected to the power supply
- Have the right credentials before accessing the default web address
- Keep your extender away from electronic devices
Similarly, you can also check out the steps on fixing Netgear Nighthawk AX11000 Router Issues.
Setting up a Netgear AC 1200 WiFi extender is quite a straightforward process, and you just need to follow the steps to improve your connectivity. By properly configuring your router extender, you can enhance your WiFi coverage and have stronger internet connectivity.
If you have any issues regarding Netgear router setup and extender, get in touch with the technical team at 24×7 router support. Our technicians have the experience to solve any issues regarding router configuration and setup.
Don’t call a technician when you can simply resolve on your own. Simply get in touch with our technical support team via call, chat, or mail assistance.