Want seamless connectivity without adding up enough physical components? Get a Netgear cable modem router combo at your place and work seamlessly. It is a device with a combination of a WiFi router and a modem, which means that the device will work in both ways: router and modem.
With its cost-effective feature, this router modem combo serves as a gateway between your Internet Service Provider and various devices that are available within your network. So, it is cost-effective, less complex, and compatible.
But is your router modem combo not working properly? What should you do when your Netgear cable router-modem is not working properly?
Well, in this blog, we are going to address that.
There are certain things you can do when your router modem combo is not working properly. Keep reading to know the solution.
Check the Power Connections
- Ensure that your Netgear router modem combo is properly connected to the power outlets and is turned on. Make sure that the cables are connected to the modem and other devices too.
Restart the Modem
- Unplug the modem from the power outlet and wait for 30 seconds before plugging it in and turning it back on. Allow some time for the modem to reboot, roughly around 30 seconds.
Check for Service Outage
- Contact the ISP provider to seek information about ongoing issues with the internet.
Update the Firmware
Check whether there is any firmware update on the router modem combo. You can visit the Netgera website to check if there is any update to the firmware. Enter the model number and download the firmware, if available. Update the router firmware for seamless connectivity.
Check Downstream and Upstream Power Levels
- Open the web browser on your devices
- Go to the address bar; type the IP address
- Type the username and the password (username-admin and password-password)
- BASIC home page shows up, select Cable connection
- View the downstream and upstream power levels
If the power level is between these ranges, consider it good. However, if you see that the value is fluctuating, then you need to consider the Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Eliminate Network Splitters
Are there any network splitters present between cable lines and the router-modem combo? Remove them if you find any.
Network splitters split the internet connection so that the two devices can share a single Ethernet signal. As a result, there is no need for two separate cables.
On Final Note,
After checking up and following all the above processes, the router modem combo works well. Congratulations! But if not, maybe your device has not been self-activated. So, in that case, you need to self-activate the device. If you have been looking for a technician who could help you with Netgear router setup, get in touch with us. Our technicians can help you with various Netgear issues and help you recover the device instantly.