In this fast-evolving world, having smooth connectivity resolves half of the issues. However, many get baffled on how to configure Netgear router to modem. Having a Netgear router resolves half of the issue. So, whether you are using your old network or connecting to the new one, it is important to follow the steps for the Netgear router configuration.
By following these steps, you will be able to enjoy seamless connectivity.
Step-by-step guideline to Provide Seamless Connection
Before you follow the guidelines, let’s look at the equipment you need. This includes a Netgear router, a power adapter for the router and modem, and an Ethernet cable.
Now, let’s look at the process:
Firstly, turn off all the devices, router, modem, and device
Step 1: Use one end of the Ethernet cable to connect the modem to the internet port or WAN.
Step 2: Use the other end of the Ethernet cable to connect your device to the LAN port.
Step 3: Turn on the modem and wait for a while to fully restart.
Step 4: Turn on the Netgear router and wait for the power button to turn green.
Now it’s time for Netgear router configuration.
Steps for easy Netgear Router Configuration
- Go to Router’s Admin Interface
- Open the web browser and enter the router’s default address.
(You can find the default address in the router’s manual for your specific IP address; it can either be 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1)
This will direct you to the router dialogue box.
Login to Router Interface
- The default login credential is ‘admin’ for username and ‘password’ for password.
- Upon entering the username and password, you will be directed to the Netgear Genie Setup wizard.
(If you are directed to the Smart Wizard Interface, we have outlined the process for you.)
- Go to Advanced>Setup Wizard>Yes>Next
The setup wizard will take only a few minutes to detect your internet connection, when done, it will show up ‘Congratulations.’
You can also verify your internet connection. Simply, go to ‘Take me to the Internet’ to check if your connection is working or not.
How to Configure Netgear Router through Smart Wizard Interface?
Follow the above process and log in to the router’s interface with the default username and password. If you have changed your password and username, use them.
- Go to Setup Wizard>Yes>Next>Next
- When you click Yes, you will be asked about detecting your internet connection. When the internet connection is detected, click Next.
- Save the settings and your router is configured to use.
Netgear Router Configuration using DSL (Genie Interface)
What is DSL Microfilter?
It is a small box that connects the telephone and the router to the telephone jack.
- Use the DSL microfilter to connect the Netgear router to the telephone jack.
- Use a telephone wire to connect the telephone to the DSL microfilter.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your device to the LAN port.
- Turn on the router by connecting it to the outlet.
- Login to the router admin interface using the default username and password.
- Go to Netgear Genie Setup Wizard>Advanced>Yes>Next> Select your country>Next.
(Your router will take a moment to detect your connection, and once the router detects the connection, your router login screen will appear.)
- Type the username and the password provided by the ISP.
- Click Next (this will help you access the ISP network).
- Click on Take me to the Internet to verify the Internet connection.
Smart Wizard Interface
- Follow the same process and log in to the router admin interface.
- Go Advanced>Setup Wizard>Yes>Next
(Your router will detect the internet connection and display the right configuration page.)
- Go to Detected Network Settings to finish the router configuration.
- If you are using a PPPoE or PPPoA connection, log in and use the password given by the ISP.
- Enter the required information and Click on Apply.
And your router will be configured!
These are some of the easy steps to configure your Netgear router. You can follow these steps to simply configure it and the best part is you can do it all by yourself.
However, if you have any issues related to the Netgear router, you can get in touch with our technicians and configure your Netgear router right at your home.
Internet Issues? We’ve got you covered
Don’t let internet problems slow you down. Click here to access our 24/7 router support and enjoy uninterrupted internet connectivity!