The Netgear Nighthawk M6 5G works with AT&T, so you can use the router with AT&T U-verse and or AT&T-Fiber. However to setup you need to connect it to an AT&T modem or AT&T getaway. However, the setup process may vary depending on the AT&T plan and the Nighthawk router model.
- Log in to the gateway’s web interface
- After the login, find the settings for passthrough mode
- Enable the mode and save it
- When your AT&T gateway is in the passthrough mode, you can connect your router through an ethernet cable
- When the two routers are connected, follow the instructions on the screen to set up.
When it comes to connectivity, Netgear Nighthawk routers work faster and have competition with speed. With superb WiFi connectivity, you can work seamlessly and get it done within minutes. However, Netgear router setup can sometimes be difficult and frustrating.
So, here we are to help you with a proper setup and router installation.
In today’s blog, we are going to look at the steps of the Nighthawk M6 5G setup. The process is quite streamlined, and anyone can do it. However, first, let us understand what a Nighthawk M6 5G is.
What is the Nighthawk M6 5G?
The Netgear Nighthawk M6 is a mobile hotspot router that offers 5G speeds up to 2.5Gbps. The device is equipped with WiFi6 technology, which is much faster than other connectivity. The best thing about the Nighthawk M6 5G is its reliable WiFi connection, which gets connected to 32 devices.
Key Features of the Netgear Nighthawk M6:
- 5G speeds up to 2.5Gbps
- WiFi 6 technology that offers faster speed and connectivity
- Supports 32 devices simultaneously
- Can be used with any carrier
- Long-lasting battery life, i.e., up to 13 hours
- Easy setup and use
Additional Benefits you get from the Nighthawk M6
- High-speed connectivity
- Flexible data plans
- Secured connections
- Multiple device support
- Easy setup and configuration
- Firmware updates
- Long-lasting battery life
- Reliable connection with quality network equipment
- Advanced features, like Gigabit Ethernet ports and touchscreen displays
Although the Netgear Nighthawk M6 5G is a bit pricey, it is worth the investment. If you have bought it but are having difficulty with the Netgear Nighthawk M6 5G setup, you have landed on the right page. In the following section, we are going to look at the steps for the easy setup of the Netgear Nighthawk M6.
So, let’s begin.
Steps of the Nighthawk M6 5G Setup
Prepare the device to work seamlessly
- Open the Netgear Nighthawk M6 router
- Insert the SIM card of your mobile in the SIM slot (only if not pre-installed).
Turn on the Router
- Hold the power button of the router until the device is turned on
Connect the Router to the WiFi
- On your computer, laptop, phone, or whatever you are working with, search for WiFi network
- Locate and select the Nighthawk M6 network (SSID) and connect to it
- If asked, enter your WiFi network security password
Go to the Admin Page
- Open the web browser and go to the address bar
- In the address bar section, type 192.168.1.1 and then press enter to go to your router account
Access to the admin page
- Login to the admin page using the default user name and password
(In case there is any confusion, you can also check the user manual or the label of your router)
Complete Configuration on Nighthawk M6 5G Setup
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the configuration of the Nighthawk M6 5G setup. Set up your mobile’s APN, or Access Point Name.
(You can get the information from the mobile carrier’s website)
- You can customize the settings, including the WiFi network names, the username, security settings, and the password.
Update the Firmware
- Check the firmware update to ensure that the router has the latest features and security advancements.
Connect the devices
- Once the settings are customized and completed, you can connect your device to the Netgear Nighthawk M6 router’s WiFi network.
(It helps you enjoy the high-speed connectivity and makes you work seamlessly on the device.)
Steps to Enable Guest Network on Netgear Nighthawk M6
- Connect your device to the Nighthawk M6 WiFi network
- Open the web browser and go to your router’s network
- Enter the username and password for your Netgear Nighthawk M6
- Go to the Guest Network tab
- Set the Guest Network slider On
- Enter the name of the Guest Network
- Enter the password for the Guest Network
- Click Apply and save it
Tips to follow:
- Ensure that you choose a strong password
- Set a timeline for how long the guests can access your network
- You can disable the guest network on a certain website
However, please keep in mind that the Netgear router setup steps may vary depending on the customization settings and firmware version. You can also refer to the user manual that you get from the router. If you still have any issues, you can get in touch with the technicians who assist you on call, chat, or via email. You don’t have to leave your house or call any technicians at home.