If you have a large house and would love to get a flexible WiFi range with a large number of Ethernet ports, it is best to use the Negear Extender EX6200. The setup process is quite straightforward, and you need to follow a comprehensive guideline that we are about to show you.
Meanwhile, let us tell you that WiFi extenders are the best to provide you with the best internet connectivity with WiFi, flexibility, and Ethernet ports. With its sleek and shiny design, forget about the dull gray devices that you want to hide. You can keep the extenders right wherever you want, either on the bookshelf or on the tabletop.
Now, coming back to the main topic of setting up the Netgear Extender EX6200, let’s explore the step-by-step guidelines.
You can use two methods of setting it up.
- Connect the extender to the router using an Ethernet cable or wirelessly
- Open the web browser and log in to your Netgear account
(Either go to http://www.mywifiext.net or http://mywifiext, or try http://192.168.1.250)
- Login with your credentials
- Once you have selected the WiFi extender you wish to extend, click Next or Continue
- You will be asked to enter the WiFi username and password>Next or Continue
- Configure the extender settings by changing the extender’s name network and password.
(You may also wish to change the network name and password if you want. )
(You can also keep the same name and password and keep the default settings the way you want.)
- Once you are done, save the changes and continue surfing seamlessly
- Once the configuration is done, your extender should be ready to setup
- Reconnect whichever devices you are using, with your extender and enjoy streaming
Follow these processes for the Netgear Extender EX6200 setup and extend the WiFi coverage right away.
Setting up Netgear Extender 6200 via WPS Method
It is an easier process when it comes to configuring the Netgear extender with the router. Follow this when you want the Netgear Extender EX6200 setup via the WPS method
- Firstly, plug in the extender to a power outlet and turn it on
- Check where the WPS button is, and then press it on
- Do the same with the router. Press the WPS button on the router
- Find the WPS button on the extender and press it for 2 seconds
- Within 2 minutes of pressing the WPS button on the router, press the WPS button on the WiFi router
- The WPS LED button will blink which indicates that it is trying to connect to the router
(This process may take some time, maybe a couple of minutes.)
- Once the connection is established, the blinking light will turn Green. This shows that the extender is properly connected to the router
- You can test the network and check whether the device is connected. Look for a new network that has the same name as your WiFi but with _EXT. (This will be added to the last of the network names.)
- Connect your device to the extended network and enter the existing WiFi network and password
And that’s it! The installation process is complete.
This is how you do the Netgear Extender EX6200 setup using the WPS method. With the above step-by-step process, you can extend the range of your existing WiFi network.
Common Netgear Extender EX6200 Troubleshooting Tips to Follow
If you have been facing issues with the Netgear Extender EX6200 setup, you should follow these troubleshooting tips to extend the coverage.
- Keep the Netgear Extender Ex6200 and the router in the same room.
- Make sure that all the devices are properly connected to the power outlet.
- Don’t forget to install the latest version of the web browser for smooth Netgear extender setup.
- Clear caches, cookies, and browsing history.
- Remove all the devices that can interrupt your WiFi signals.
- Ensure that the Ethernet cable has no cuts or breaks.
Netgear Extender EX6200 setup is a very straightforward process. You just need to follow the above guidelines to eliminate the dead spots in your house. You can improve your connectivity at home right after a proper Netgear EX6200 setup. Whether you do it manually or via the WPS method, all the methods are properly covered here. You can customize your settings per your preferences and keep using the internet. The Netgear extender setup is quite an easy process. Just follow the guidelines and you can do it all by yourself. However, if you are having any issues regarding the Netgear WiFi range extender, get in touch with the technicians at 24×7 Router Support. You can simply sit at home and do it without calling anyone.